Mark your calendar: Safety Fest 2015 will be January 20-23, 2015
Registration is now closed. We hope to see you in January!
Washington Group Plaza Map
720 Park Blvd
Some classes will be held at one of these locations as well:
- OSHA – Boise area office and Region 10 Office, Seattle
- Idaho AGC
- University of Washington
- Idaho’s OSHA Consultation Program at Boise State University
- Contractors, small and large
- Construction and general industry
- Professional Technical Educators
- Any business required to follow OSHA standards
- Anyone who desires to improve the safety performance of their business
Will be held on Tuesday & Wednesday, January 20 & 21, inside the Washington Group Plaza.
$0.00 – All sessions are free
Registrations will open November 3, 2014
The registration deadline is November 30, 2014.
Welcome to Safety Fest of the Great Northwest 2015–Our 10th year!
Safety Fest is an annual training event that offers free safety and health training to workers, supervisors, and managers of all levels. The Boise Safety Fest will be held January 20-23 and will include a vendor show on January 20 and 21. We are offering almost 60 classes this year including some old favorites and some new ones. We are pleased to announce a new 3-day Management Track and a 1-day Agriculture Track. If you attend either entire track, you can purchase Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from University of Idaho for a nominal $25–an incredibly inexpensive way to earn CEUs!
- The always popular Trade Show and Vendor Bingo will be Tuesday and Wednesday with a prize drawing Wednesday at lunch. You do not need to be present to win and prizes will be mailed. This is a great opportunity to see new safety products and services and talk with the company representatives directly plus win some cool prizes.
- There will be multiple of First Aid/CPR classes. Be sure to add this vital skill to your qualifications.
- A number of certification classes will be available so check the class schedule to see if there is one that you need to upgrade or keep your credentials current
On Tuesday, January 20, a “Lunch with OSHA” event will be held in the Washington Group Plaza cafeteria from 11:00 to 1:00. You can bring your lunch or purchase one from the cafeteria and join OSHA representatives for an informal luncheon where you can ask questions regarding worker protection and OSHA safety services. This is an open event and you can join at any time and stay as long as you want. It is your chance to find out what OSHA can do to protect your health and safety on the job.
Classes fill fast, so register on November 3 for the best selection. Please note that we cannot reserve classes or make special arrangements—you have to register yourself online. Please register only once and please use real names. We do not have the manpower to change classes this year. If you need to cancel a class, please log in to your account and cancel your class registration in the My Classes page. If a class is full, please come to the registration desk at class time and folks will be added on a first come, first served basis as space permits. Please, do not be late for your class (your spot will be filled) and please DON’T be a “No Show.” If you class is at AGC or United Water, please go to those locations to see if you can attend.
As always, we could not do this event without all of the support and contributions from our Founding Partners. Be sure to recognize these community advocates of safety for all of the great support they have provided over the years.
Please contact Michelle Steeler for information on vendor booths: email@example.com.